Thursday, January 28, 2010

Start of Something New!

I have been informed that if I start a blog that people will read it! Well, at least I know Kammie and Mom will. I think that I will enjoy pouring out my thoughts and feelings to the world, I just don't know if the world will be as thrilled about reading them! Ha! Lets get started shall we? Oh and before I begin, I am not a great speller and my grammar and punctuation are not that great, so you have been forewarned.

I've been at this new semester for four weeks and I already feel burnt out. It's crazy how the more you get into school the harder it gets. I mean the concept makes sense and I'm glad to be in the classes I am. Each day I wake up at 7:00 and start my day off with some exercise to jump start my energy... I do have to say by the time it hits 3:00 I pooped and think I should have sleep a little longer that morning! :) After working out I get ready, pack up my school stuff, read my scriptures, do any extra or forgotten homework, and talk to Aleigh while I'm at it. I start my classes on Monday, Wednesday at 10:00 and come home at 4:00. Now this may not sound too bad except in that time I only have two classes and work two hours! Lets just say, 2 hour classes sometimes take my energy away. Tuesday and Thursdays are a whole other story... Work, class (two other two hour classes) and home by 5:00.

This semester I'm in a Culinary Arts class, which I love, but it also can be really hard. Every Thursday I have to try and figure all of the bites (that we are required to take) of each meal prepared. Today I had; Baked Apples (Gala, Delicious, and Burnbarn (is that what they're called?), Apple Sauce (same type of apples), Coddled apples (same 3), Peach Cobbler, Apple Dumplings, Blueberry Coffee Cake, Cherries Jubilee, Cheery Crisp Pie, Poached Pears, Lemon Meringue , and a few that I can't even remember. Lets just say, I had a few points of B.L.T's (Bites, Licks and Tastes) today!

Oh and as a side note, I have now lost 22 pounds on Weight Watchers, and plan to keep dropping weight! What a shock it will be for Blake when he gets home!

I have to say though the BEST part of my day was receiving a letter from Blake! Probably one of my favorites he's ever sent. He is loving his mission, and I am loving waiting for him! I am proud to say that I will be able to add my name to the 3% of girls who actually wait! Now that I've rambled on I will end this blog, and hopefully find something more interesting to write about than my schedule! :)


4 comments:

  1. Yay, you did it! I'm so excited Kati, and you definately know I'll be reading this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did what you told me to, but it doesn't say that I am a follower, maybe Kammie can help me when she gets here this weekend. I loved your blog, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I was showing Terri my blog and I was showing her that there are links to my siblings blogs and I went to Kammie's to find that there was a blog for you...and I was like, "What??? Kati has a blog?" SO, I was relieved to see that this was your first post. I will follow you regularly. I love you Kati!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm excited that you have a blog. I miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete