Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aleigh's Response!

So I'm sitting wanting to write something on my blog and so I said, "Aleigh, what should I blog about?" She responded, "Um... I don't know, Blog about Blake." HA! I about died, I love how the thing that she thinks to tell me to blog about is Blake! I love it!

This week is the week of Valentine's Day! One of my favorite holidays, I'm not sure why though because I think that everyday should be a day to tell the person in your life that your committed to that you love them! I probably love it because there is so much pink! Ha! :) Well, this Valentine's Day I am happy to report will probably be my last EVER alone! Yay for 2011! Most of my roommates, friends, and family will be leaving me this weekend so Sophia and I will be having a blast together watching chick flicks, eating junk food (only 35 extra bonus points worth though), and enjoying each others company without our Valentines! Like I said, I'm glad it's my last year alone! :)

I wanted to take a little time and talk about how proud I am of Blake. Most people that read this already know it but I can't help but say it again! Blake has been on his mission for a little over a year and is loving every minute of it. Blake is the most excited missionary that I have ever seen, maybe because he's the only one I've ever written every week, but still he LOVES being on his mission! Even though missions aren't about numbers and statistics Blake is always setting a great example to his district (seeing as he's district leader now), and he loves having those 'high contact/investigator" numbers because it means he's sharing the gospel with more people! It's pretty darn awesome that Blake has already finished the first half of his mission but I'm so glad he has another year in Arizona to be able to share one of the most (if not the most) important things in this world. :)

Since last week I have decided that it is a curse and a blessing to not have class on Fridays. It's a blessing because I have the whole day to catch up on homework and maybe sleep in a little. It's a curse for the very same reason... because I know (during the week) that I HAVE Friday to do homework I tend to not get as much accomplished during the week as I would hope. This week, I am making a renewed effort to try and do my homework during the weekdays to be able to more fully enjoy my weekends!

Well speaking of homework... I should probably go and do something from my massive list of assignments! Hope everyone is having a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, first comment! :) I can't wait to hear more about how Blake is doing when we see you next month! We love reading his letters and appreciate the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an appropriate blog post for you seeing how it is Valentine's Day on Sunday! I will be so happy for you next year knowing that your Valentine isn't in Arizona and that you'll actually get to talk to him! I love you Kati!

    ReplyDelete